I keep saying- DO involve your kids in everything you do (of course within acceptable limits haha). Today while I was on my way to pick up my daughter and her cousin from school I came up with an idea of a test run for Pizza party. There are plenty of places in Dubai which offer this amazing party idea: Pizza Express, Toscana in Madinat Jumeirah and others. But hey, if you have a villa with an outdoor garden-why not make it at home?
We don't need an occasion to keep our little ones happy. I strongly believe that cooking is one of the best tasks for kids: it teaches them patience (can someone teach me)... Today these monkeys managed to be occupied without demolishing the house for whole 2 hours. No wonder: how exciting is it to roll your own dough in the weirdest shape, put the sauce all over the dough and not only the dough- all over mom, baby brother, mom's face, table... and theeeen bake it and eat it!
Let's talk about the basics for this perfect afternoon or bday party:
- pizza dough (keep it healthy, recipe is in the BBQ and Wood Fired Oven section)
- favorite pizza toppings (we used beef pepperoni, bell peppers, olives, cheese, tomatoes)
- cute chef's hats (Party Center Al Garhoud)
- personalized aprons (Party Center as well) - kids simply loooved these, makes them feel super special
- napkins and other cute stuff from the party center and medals for the achievements.
Sounds easy, right?
Oh, I forgot! Lots and lots of fun family photos for the photo album are guaranteed. These memories are priceless. We actually made extra zaatar pastries for kids to take to school the next day in their lunch box. Imagine how proud they are going to be to tell their classmates and teachers about this awesome experience.
Hope you enjoy it...