Anyone who visited ex Soviet countries tried this soup for sure. Although this soup is cooked with meat, vegetarian version of it is even tastier. It is very light, full of flavor, color, taste ...you name it. It is very easy to make.
Ingredients (for a medium pot):
- 2 beetroots
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1/4 of a small cabbage
- black pepper
- tomato paste ( I prefer Heinz)
- bay leaf
- sour cream (for vegans you can use tofu sour cream)
1) Cut potatoes into sticks, put in the water and start the fire.
2) Cut beetroot and carrots into sticks and put in the sauce pan. Add 2 table spoons of tomato paste, 2 tea spoons of vinegar, a bit of water, add dill and start the fire. Make sure it simmers nicely for about 5 minutes. Do not make the fire too high. Squeeze 2 garlic cloves, add 1 tea spoon of sugar and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Add some black pepper.
3) When your potatoes start to boil, add the veggies from the sauce pan into the pot with potatoes. Add salt. Add shredded cabbage (Don't make the soup too thick). Add bay leaf.
4) After potatoes and beets become soft- your soup is ready. Wasn't it easy? Serve with sour cream.
Bon Appetit my Glam Chefs