I strongly believe this recipe can be one of the best ways of cooking noodles. For all seafood lovers and weight watchers- this one won't make you put on kgs. Diabetic friendly as well:)
If you are a diabetic, you can aim for half a portion for lunch with your standard dose of insulin as half a pack of those noodles will contribute to a healthy 4 BE.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- Egg Noodles 1 pack (Medium)
- Ginger Finger size
- Chili 1 piece
- Tender stem broccoli
- Baby corn
- Chicken breast 1 piece
- Shrimps peeled, tail on - 10-12 pcs
- Calamari rings
- Madras Curry powder
- Soy sauce
- Water 200 ml
- Coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
- Red bell pepper 1 pc
1) Boil water, put noodles inside and let them cook for not more than 3 minutes otherwise they will really overcook. Put in the strainers, rinse with cold water, spread them with your hands on a plate, mix with a bit of cooking oil (so they don't stick) and let them rest.
2) Prepare vegetable mix: slice broccoli, baby corn, asparagus, chili (remove the seeds, use gloves!!!), squeeze 3-4 cloves of garlic, chop ginger finely. In a separate plate prepare beansprouts and coriander.
3) Slice chicken breast, clean shrimps ( if you don't know how- check in the How To section), make calamari rings (or buy ready made ones).
4) Pour little bit of cooking oil in the wok. Add vegetable mix (not beansprouts with coriander). Keep stirring for about 3 minutes. If broccoli is too hard, add some water to create steam, cover immediately for a couple of minutes. (smells great, right?). I prefer keeping veggies crunchy and slightly undercooked. Transfer to a big plate. In the same wok add some oil and cook your seafood mix with chicken till it is ready.
5) In the same wok add 200 ml of water, 5 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of madras curry powder. Bring it to boil.
6) Add noodles to the sauce and mix well. Add seafood veggie mix, mix again. Add beansprouts and coriander, let it simmer for 1 minute and put the fire off.
7) Aren't you hungry yet? I bet your hubby and loved ones are waiting in a queue because the smell from this dish is incredible. Tasty? Told ya! Don't forget to serve it with fresh limes (Squeeze some lime for extra delicious kick).
Enjoy my Glam Chefs