Yuppiiii... my hubby's birthday is coming up... what does it mean? Spoil spoil spoiiiilll your hubby, because he really deserves it. Well, my husband definitely deserves being spoiled every day. Tonight I decided to make something he really loves- Blueberry tart. It is not as difficult as you think. Let me be honest from the start: I am not good at baking. At all. Whatsoever. But I try to overcome this problem by trying and trying and trying. Guess what? It gets better with time and I can finally say: I DID IT! THIS IS ONE DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY TART!
Preparation of the tart:
1) Mix room temperature butter with sugar on high speed with mixer. Add one egg and mix again very well. Add corn starch, vanilla essence and flour. Here we do NOT use the mixer. Mix it with your hands otherwise the dough will not work.
2) Spread the dough evenly (thickness should be around 2 cm) on a cling, cover it and put it in the fridge to rest for about an hour.
3. During this hour we can prepare the cream. Boil the milk with 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence. Remove from the fire. In a separate bowl mix with hand mixer eggs, sugar and corn starch. Add milk to this mix stirring constantly. Transfer the cream to the pot where milk was boiling, put fire on and keep stirring. Your cream will start to thicken. Let it boil for a couple of minutes on a low fire while stirring. Add butter and turn the fire off. Make sure the butter melts. Transfer your cream into a bowl, let it cool, cover with cling and put it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
4. Lets continue with the dough: Take it out from the fridge and separate it into 2-3-4 parts. it all depends on whether you have small or big tart shapes. I separated into 2 parts: used one for medium size tart, and another for delicious cookies for tea (will tell you about them later:))
Put your dough on a wax paper, cover it with another sheet of wax paper and roll it until it is about 3-4 mm thickness. Check the size with the tart shape and cut around 2-3 cm plus. Place the dough into the shape, if it is too soft or breaking-no worries, mine broke 10 times haha but still turned out great. Make sure there are no holes, it is spread evenly. Put inside the shape above the dough some wax paper and fill it with rice or any other grain. This is done to ensure that our tart has perfect shape. Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Take it out and bake at 170 degrees for 40 minutes. (As you noticed from the pictures below, I use tart shapes with removable base- makes your life easier! Can be purchased in Daiso stores for 14 AED only)
5. Take out cream from the fridge. Remember that cream was optional. We have an option here to use mixer on a high speed to make it a nice fluffy cream, which you can add to our base cream (for 200 grams of our cream we need about 75 grams of whipped cream), however I don't add as I love simple base cream.
Spread the cream evenly in the tart. Carefully decorate it with the blueberries (don't even try to just throw a pack of berries on top, not nice:) One by one. Add some icing sugar on top.
That is De-Li-Ci-OUS!
Bon Appetit my Glam Chefs!