This could be truly one of the tastiest ways of making eggplant. Ahhh this smell around the house is to die for. I just ate 2 of these and still want more. Look how easy it is:)
1) Cut eggplant same way like in the photos below. Make sure to leave the "tail" on so it can hold our eggplant together. Add salt to ever cut and leave them for 30-40 minutes so the bitter taste is gone. After 30 minutes rinse with cold water and dry with a kitchen towel.
2) Cut tomatoes in semi circles. Prepare the sauce: 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixed with chopped parsley and 3 squeezed cloves of garlic.
3) Add salt and pepper to the minced meat and fry with some oil for a couple of minutes till pink is gone. I add a bit more of black pepper to add a nice kick to the dish.
4) Put some oil into a baking dish. Lay the eggplant cut side down, put tomatoes in the cut. Add minced meat (try to fill the cuts as much as you can). Add sauce on top (also try to fill the cuts as much as possible). Put in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes. 5 minutes before taking your dish out add shredded cheese and leave it in the oven so the cheese melts.
5. E N J O Y this yummiest eggplant !!!!