Sometimes we all get tired of meat... This recipe I learnt from my amazing mother-in-law, she is such a great cook. We were sitting one evening in the woods and I saw her making this eggplant dish. When I tried it- it was love at first sight. This dish is suitable for vegetarians and diabetics.
- 2-3 medium size eggplants
- olive oil
- fresh mint
- red onion
1) Okay! It's really easy to make, I promise.
Burn the eggplants on an open fire. If you have an electric cooker, you can simply bake it till it becomes very soft. after your eggplants are ready, dip them in ice cold water and remove the burnt (baked) skin.
2) Slice the eggplants and mash them with a fork or the same tool as you use for mashed potatoes. Transfer mashed eggplants into a straight dish.
3) Spread your eggplants evenly on the plate. Add some salt all over (not too much). Using table spoon make the following (deeper areas in the middle):
4) Prepare the sauce: Squeeze 3 cloves of garlic, squeeze 2 lemons and mix it with 3- 4 table spoons of olive oil.
5) Cut 2 tomatoes into squares, cut 1 onion into small pieces (or medium- up to you), and cut some mint.
6) Decorate your eggplant as shown in the photos below. Put it in the fridge until it is chilled. Pour the sauce from point #4 all over and enjoy!
I bet you are in love with it already:)
Bon Appetit My Glamorous Chefs